We have been enjoying unseasonable warm weather the past few weeks so when I saw the weather forecast that called for 55 degree weather I pulled out our parkas from the basement and came up with an 'indoor' plan. We were going to have a play date with a new friend. Abram was very excited for his 'date' and was sooooo sad when we found out that his friend was sick that morning. Abram didn't understand why we couldn't go to his house. When I explained he was sick and that we would see him later that week Abram asked, "Well - can't we go to someone else's house?" Poor kid - all that energy and no one to tackle. I explained again that we can't just show up at other people's houses, especially when we don't know them. He then asked if we could go to Max's house. Max is a friend from Iowa City. My heart which was already aching for the little guy just about broke in too. No Abram, we can't go to Max's house........but we can go to a CHOCOLATE FACTORY!!!!
Most sane people would save a visit to a chocolate factory for when a child's puppy dies or they break their arm or something, but since we were both feeling homesick for Iowa a trip the chocolate factory was just what we needed.
Before we even got in the main door we found the coolest gumball machine ever.
Then we took Abram's picture with Lucy and Ethel. You can't quite see his face - he was about 2 feet short even with the chair they provided.
The next tour didn't start for another 40 minutes so what were we to do but eat bagels and drink chocolate milk while we waited.
Miss Debbie led the tour - which included Abram, me and 20 kids from a local pre-school who definitely livened things up.
Abram was not too happy about having to wear a hair net.
This is the best picture I could get of the two of us.
Abram got to make a chocolate dipped spoon at the end of the tour. I wish I had got a picture of him eating the spoon at the end of the day - he had way more on his face than he ever got in his mouth.
I totally recommend the South Bend Chocolate Factory tour for cloudy days when you miss your friends :)
No comments:
Post a Comment